Saturday, February 24, 2007

Books vs E-Books

E-Books - a recent one getting rid of paper bound form of book. See now I am finding it difficult to differentiate b/w book and e-book ‘cos of a new form introduction.

Guess this will be the problem, when something new gets introduced, then the original one loses its individuality and you got to explain people properly which form you are talking about old one or new one J Ok Leaving this here let’s go back to our topic..

I started reading books long back way in my school days. Something amused me in reading; I started reading all forms of printable versions that comes to my house as magazines, papers, novels whatever it is.

Now after this e-book introduction, I started feeling something uneasy. To be frank I never liked to read e-books in e-book format. E-book format in the sense reading it by sitting before PC.

I always liked holding the books, feeling the essence, allowing your mind to wander w/ the book come back and start w/ the page you left and went. Books stored in cup boards will always give a pleasant smell - only book lovers can feel :-) I love wandering through the cupboards of the library like a lone warrior cruising along some mystic mountains.

I like book marking the books, come back after some time, see the book marked page and sink into memories.

In childhood, books are secret places to store special flowers ;-) , hand written precious papers, place to grow your peacock feather and much more.

How e-book can replace this feel? Impossible…..

One thing I liked about e-book is – easy mode of transport and I have collected lots of my favorite books. Know what I am going to do w/ that ;-)

What else ..Take print outs of them, bind them, transform it to a book..and then read and enjoy :-)

[ I can hear people saying “you can’t change some people” :-) ]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lostinthoughts said...

Hi,
Ur blog is narrative and interseting. I appreciate ur devotion to Tamil Language as me too fond of it.
Vazthugal!!!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home